Friday, August 21, 2009

Xingu Black Beer



1 out of 5



As you may have noticed from my rating of this (beer?), I did not like it. Brewed by Cervejaria Sul Brasileira (no link) of Brazil this beverage is 4.7% ABV. I have seen this bottle for a while on the shelves and thought the labeling was cool and I like dark beers. So a "Black Beer" must be really dark and delicious, right? Wrongo Bucko! The beer was definitely dark but I did not detect much of a smell. The taste was more like a carbonated malted beverage instead of Beer. The overly sweet flavor also made me think it was an alcohol injected soda. Gross! If this is a Beer, I have no idea what style to label it. So, if you are feeling contradictory and monetarily wasteful ($1.89 a bottle); give this thing a try and tell me what you think. I would not recommend it. Pass me that PBR...in a can!

No comments:

Post a Comment