Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Boundary Bay "Cabin Fever Winter Ale"


4 out of 5



Boundary Bay is located in Bellingham, WA. It is an incredible Brew Pub with several outstanding beers and awesome food to boot(try the mac n cheese or the tarragon chicken with orange cream sauce). My wife got me a T-shirt and a 22oz of Cabin Fever for X-mas. Cabin fever is like an Imperial Scotch Ale/Winter Ale. It has a strong malt and peat taste with a note of Cascade dry-hop. Alcohol level is around 7.2%. This beer tastes great out the gate, but if you drink the 22 alone, the peat flavor may wear on you a bit. For me, that is always an issue with any scotch type ale. I usually max out with a 12oz bottle. But hey, I recommend picking up this fine NW Winter Warmer and enjoy. Its complex with notes of toffee, caramel and NW hops; Mount Hood, Warrior and Crystal. I found the Mt Hood alot in NW Winter Beers and Stouts. I love you Boundary Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment