Friday, February 25, 2011

Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA




4 out of 5 Hops


What can I say, I am a sucker for IPA's. Iv'e seen this beer around for awhile and heard great things about but had not yet tried it. Glad I did. Its a great tasting, bottle-conditioned IPA. The nose is biscuit-y and citrus-y. Bear Republic uses Chinook, Cascade, Centennial, and Columbus hops...a perfecta of citrus/piney hops. The quantity used are more than sufficient at 75+ IBU. Alcohol presence is a median 7.0%. The taste is hop happy but well balanced with malt sweetness and not overpowering. The mouthfeel was a little thin at first, but the finish is pleasantly oily from the hops and leaves a nice hop taste in the mouth. This beer has won several awards and is a real tasty IPA.I love the fact that this beer is conditioned in the bottle and contains live yeast. Bear Republic seems like a real down to earth brewery from California. I hope to try their Hop Rod Rye soon. I have seen their beers in Albertsons and several other places. Don't fear the yeast! I highly recommend picking up this beer in a 22oz or a 6pack. Cheers Dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment